Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Jeremiah 1:5

My most recent piece that I completed yesterday was commissioned after he saw a work that he liked on my facebook art page.  I want to share the 2 pieces in this post.

Last year my stepmom, Sherry, came to me with a couple of bible verses that she wanted paintings for.  The first on the list was Jeremiah 1:5..."Before I formed you in the womb, I knew you. Before you were born I set you apart." At first I had some trouble coming up with an idea of how to show the verse but also combine it with a painting so this painting took a little while.  


When I was approached to do this painting for someone to give as a Christmas present I was pretty excited because I would give me an opportunity to do the same idea but in a different way.  



I love being able to just paint and see what happens but I also love to do commissioned work.  Getting ideas from someone then being able to paint something so special to just them is great and it means a lot to me to be able to do it. 


No comments:

Post a Comment